Remove Possums And Their Babies From Your Roof Using These Tips
You know that a possum is just the type of animal that could make your home even more disgusting than it already is. They leave droppings in their path, urinate everywhere, and jump from one house to the next if you don’t get them out fast enough! But how do you actually get rid of a possum? Let’s find out!
How To Remove A Possum And Baby From Your Roof
If you have a possum or baby possum on your roof, there are a few things you can do to remove them. The most important thing is to make sure that the animal is not in any danger. If you can, try to capture the possum and take it to a wildlife rehabilitator. If that’s not possible, follow these tips to get the animal off of the roof:
Create A barrier: Cover up any openings on the roof with large pieces of cardboard, furniture or debris. This will help keep the possum from getting back up onto the roof.
Scare The Possum: Make noise and throw objects at the possum to scare it away. Try using a hose or a vacuum cleaner if you have one. Be careful not to scare the animal too much or it may run away and get injured or killed by cars.
Grab the animal by its tail and lift it off of the roof. Try not to let it fall into any dangerous areas below. Once you have gotten the animal off of the roof, release it into nature as quickly as possible.
Safety Precautions For When You Try To Remove A Possum From Your Roof
When you think of possums, you may imagine a furry little creature scurrying around on the ground. But in reality, these animals can be quite dangerous and sometimes difficult to remove from roofs. Here are some safety tips for when you try to remove a possum from your roof:
1. Make sure you have the right equipment. You will need a hat, gloves, a ladder, and a Possum Removal Tool (PRT).
2. Secure the area. Make sure to close off any exits and secure any open windows or doors. This will help prevent the possum from escaping and potentially hurting someone.
3. Get a good foothold. Before climbing up onto the roof, make sure to find a good foothold. A tree or railing may provide this foothold. Once you have found this foothold, use the ladder to ascend onto the roof.
4. Use the P RT correctly. The Possum Removal tool is designed to grab hold of the possum’s fur and pull it off of the roof surface. Be careful not to pinch or injure the possum during this process!
Tips For Getting Rid Of Possums On Your Roof
If you’re one of the many homeowners who have been dealing with possums on your roof, there are a few things you can do to get rid of them. Here are some tips to get started:
1. Determine the source of the problem – If you know that there are possums on your roof, your first step is to determine where they’re coming from. If you see evidence that they’ve been using your roof as a home, it’s important to take action before their numbers grow too large. Look for holes in the roofing material or gaps near chimneys and other sources of entry. Once you’ve pinpointed the source, seal off the opening with caulk or foam insulation.
Aerate The Area Around The Hole Or Gap To Discourage Possums From Returning.
2. Get rid of food sources – One of the easiest ways to get rid of possums is to remove any food sources they might be using as a base camp. This could include bird feeders, pet food dishes, or trash cans near their nests. Be sure to clean up any signs of tampering so that they don’t associate this area with food availability in the future
Preventing Possums From Getting Into Your Home In The Future
If you’re looking for a way to remove possums and their babies from your roof, there are a few things you can do. Preventing possums from getting into your home in the future is key, but remember that these animals are opportunistic and will take advantage of any available food source. Here are a few tips to help keep them out:
1. Install a cover on your roof vent. A cover will keep the possums out of the attic and prevent them from coming down into your home.
2. Trap them with a live trap. A live trap is the most humane way to catch possums, and it’s also the most effective method of preventing them from entering your home in the future.
3. Seal off access to roofs and attics with weather stripping and/or caulk. This will help prevent possums from getting inside through any openings, including roof vents and chimneys.